As the summertime heats up here in the Ozarks, the bright sun highlights even more exciting opportunities to unify Springfield around our shared identity while supporting the active lifestyle of Farmers Park residents.
We are proud to lend our support to a fresh flag design, which perfectly symbolizes Springfield’s illustrious history, vibrant present and energetic future.
In addition, we are pleased to continue the Fitness Collective with a 2017 lineup that promises to boost our residents’ overall health and wellness while enhancing a spirit of camaraderie throughout the Farmers Park community.
Iconic New Springfield Flag Design Celebrates City’s Unique Identity
With Springfield undergoing an exciting time of revitalization, there has never been a better time to adopt our own iconic symbol to represent our city.
That’s why Farmers Park is lending our support to a team of local citizens who have come together to form the Springfield Identity Project.
In developing the new Springfield flag, the committee did extensive research on local history and the principles of good flag design, held in-depth discussions of the essential identity of Springfield, and collaborated with local design experts.
The result is a fresh flag design that communicates our history and presents a compelling vision for Springfield’s future.
- The flag’s white stripe represents Route 66 and the Ozark plateau on which Springfield rests.
- The Compass Rose and Crown combine two elements of the city. The Compass Rose represents Springfield’s role as a crossroads for the nation, and the Crown pays homage to Springfield’s nickname “Queen City of the Ozarks.”
- The 3 stars above the Compass Rose and Crown signify the city’s innovative spirit, connection with nature, and Ozarks culture.
There are two ways you can help Farmers Park support the adoption of the new Springfield flag:
- Wear the Springfield flag with pride. You can find t-shirts, hats, pins and more at 5 Pound Apparel, with half of all proceeds helping to buy new flags for the city.
- Sign the petition by visiting http://sgfflag.org/.
Fitness Collective Lineup Helps Farmers Park Build a Stronger Community
Farmers Park established the Fitness Collective as an exciting place to motivate, support and educate members of our community.
It is supported by outstanding local fitness studios — Cycles Unlimited, Crossfit RTB, and Ozark Mountain Yoga — and fitness activities are free for all Farmers Park residents!
Our Fitness Collective 2017 lineup provides a range of invigorating fitness activities that encourage Farmers Park residents to get fit while spending some quality time together.
- Taco Tuesday Bike Ride. Tuesdays at 6 p.m., April-October. This bike ride begins in the Houlihan’s South parking lot, and ends back at Houlihan’s for tacos and margaritas. The ride is supported by TrailSpring, Cycles Unlimited and Houlihan’s. Sombreros optional, helmets required.
- Yoga in the Park. Saturdays at 9 a.m., April-October. What better way to wake up on a warm Saturday morning than with some invigorating free flow yoga with instructor Jayme Sweere of Ozark Mountain Yoga? All ages and ability levels are invited to bring your yoga mat and some water to the green space next to Cloud House. In case of inclement weather, join us inside the Ozark Mountain Yoga studio.
- Crossfit RTB complimentary WOD. Sundays at 1 p.m., year-round. Meet us at Crossfit RTB every Sunday for a free workout day. Call 417-414-4266 for questions.
Please note that classes are canceled in the event of rain, temperatures below 65 degrees or winds over 24 miles per hour.
To learn more about what’s going on at Farmers Park, or how to join our luxury apartment community, get in touch with us today!
More from the blog
Join Our Community
We’re growing a community of like-minded movers and doers. Want in? Be the first of your friends to know what’s up at Farmers Park every month.