Since its inception, Farmers Park has been a good steward of the environment. From our building materials to the land we’re on, everything that touches Farmers Park is carefully measured to see how it fits into our sustainability goals. While some choose to build without concern for the environment, we know this is the only Earth we’ve got—and it’s our job to protect it.
In everything we do, we’re trying to make Farmers Park a little greener than the day before. Find out more about our environmental efforts and those of our tenants.
Green Living at Farmers Park
Whether you’ve chosen to live the Farmers Park lifestyle or you’re just visiting for the day, there’s no shortage of ways to help give back to the environment. For our apartment residents, we provide a number of amenities that help us reach our goal of a more environmentally friendly future:
- Superior sustainable features. Our apartments were constructed with sustainability in mind, including natural wood floors, Nest programmable thermostats, and quality insulation to keep heat and cold in. Not to mention, several of our buildings have earned LEED status, proving their record of energy efficiency.
- Recycling options. Tired of living in an apartment complex that doesn’t offer recycling? Save your paper and cardboard, because we’ve got options at every corner for you. All residents have easy access to our recycling bins, eliminating the need to drive somewhere else. Three cheers for convenience and sustainability!
- Ditch your car. If you’re dedicated to spending time at Farmers Park, you could take your car off the road almost entirely. Need to grab some groceries? Hit up the Farmers Market of the Ozarks for some of the freshest food in the 417. Need a night out? Invite your friends to dinner at Aviary Café and drinks at Reverie. Searching for employment? Between our coworking spaces and corporate headquarters, you may just eliminate your commute, too.
Even if you aren’t a Farmers Park resident, you can still take advantage of many of our sustainable amenities:
- Solar panels. With our solar panels provided by Sun Solar, we produce 42,000 kilowatt hours each year. That’s the equivalent of running a 100-watt lightbulb for 48 years or running a hair dryer for nearly five years. We’re all about offsetting energy here.
- Bike trails. Grab your handlebars and get a taste of fresh air. With the bike trails right by Farmers Park, you can take some pressure off your gas pedal and enjoy a relaxing bike ride. Not only is it a great workout, it’s great for the environment!
- Community gardens. Our community gardens are open on a first-come, first-serve basis and give locals the opportunity to plant produce right in their backyards. Community gardens have been proven to improve the microclimate while providing fresh food, so start planning for your planting!
Green Shopping at Farmers Park
Not only do we focus on living a greener lifestyle, we ensure our tenants abide by these same standards. While each shop has its own way of giving back to the environment, we’ve highlighted a few for you today:
- 5 Pound Apparel. Not only does 5 Pound Apparel give back with every purchase, they intentionally choose brands focused on sustainable and fair-trade production. You can find brands like Tom’s Shoes, Out of Print, and Mata Traders, each focusing on ethical practices and being as environmentally friendly as possible.
- Hilton Garden Inn. From their commitment to banning the straw to providing spots for electric vehicles, Hilton Garden Inn is dedicated to the environment. If you’re looking for a hotel that cares, you need to book a room at this LEED-certified hotel.
- Houlihan’s. Crack open that bottle of vino without any guilt. With Houlihan’s wine-cork recycling program, you don’t have to toss your cork into a landfill to decay. Even if you don’t buy a bottle at Houlihan’s, you can bring in your wine corks from home to be recycled!
- The Press. The Press is all about keeping things locally grown, organic, and housemade. By limiting the distance your food has to travel and reducing the use of pesticides, we can help decrease gas usage and keep our field a little greener. Don’t miss their fresh pressed juices or 100% organic drip coffee!
More from the blog
Join Our Community
We’re growing a community of like-minded movers and doers. Want in? Be the first of your friends to know what’s up at Farmers Park every month.